PORTRAIT NOW! 2019THE CARLSBERG FOUNDATION'S PORTRAIT AWARD
The Museum of National History invites all Nordic artists to participate in the international portrait competition Portrait Now! The Carlsberg Foundation's Portrait Award.
The aim of the competition is to bring about greater interest for 'the portrait' amongst artists and the general public. The competition applies to artists in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Greenland, The Faroe Islands, Iceland and The Åland Islands.
'The portrait' is understood as a reproduction of a particular person. It need not to be naturalistic, but should, however, seek to characterize the person as an individual. The medium used for this reproduction is at the discretion of the artist. The artwork must be based on at least one face to face session with the portrayed.
The registration is now open: https://portraitnow.org/
The final deadline for registration is December 31st 2018. An international jury will then select the winners and the artworks that will be presented at Frederiksborg Castle in May 2019.
Each artist can submit one portrait to the competition. One portrait can comprise of a series of works if the series has one theme and as long as the series does not extend the limits given below.
- The combined size of two-dimensional artwork should not exceed 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.25m. For three-dimensional 1.0 x 1.0 x 1.75m.
- Artwork exceeding 50 kg. will not be accepted.
- Artwork made from organic materials will not be considered.
- Use plexiglass instead of regular glass in case of framing.
- Artwork created before January 1st 2017 will not be considered.
- Employees at The Museum of National History at Frederiksborg cannot enter the competition.
For questions regarding Portrait Now! 2019 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org